Marcia L Waller wrote:
[snip]
> I just need to get a zip drive icon on my desktop. I am not
> sure how to do this. Anyone know? Thank you. Marcia
[snip]

Marcia....first, as root, create a mount point in your /mnt
directory.  For instance, in a console, type:

mkdir /mnt/zip

Then determine the device designation of your zip drive.  If
it's an IDE device it'll be hdx where x is the letter one
higher than your last IDE hard drive.  For instance, if you
have 1 IDE hard drive it is hda and the zip will be hdb.
Then, as root, edit /etc/fstab and add the line below:

/dev/hdb4 /mnt/zip vfat user,noauto 0 0

after that then right-click your desktop and choose 'Create
New' and  then 'Floppy Device'.  Name the new icon 'Zip' and
in the 'device' section choose your zip device from the list
(it reads your /etc/fstab file) '/dev/hdb4', set the mount
point as /mnt/zip and the file system type as vfat (for the
out-of-the-box formatted zip discs.

That's all. :-)
--
Alan