Yes, yes Adrian Smith!! Here is story of mandrake 7.2.
Well, they wanted to get it in the stores by Christmas, so it appears
that the boxed 7.2 complete that appeared in wal-mart so quickly
has these features:
it is not kde 2, it is prerelease, not quite kde2.(you have to use
mandrake update to get kde2).
Also, it is  a desktop version("complete" is misleading). It does not
have the servers and much networking stuff on the install.
 It does however install
the docs and on the extra CDs it will install staroffice 5.2 and adobe
acrobat reader, and some other desktop kinds of stuff. Also on
CD are 4 linux books docs.
I installed it, but it did NOT have webmin tool, and it did not install
much of advanced networking stuff. I also had to do mandrakeupdate
right off, to get up to kde2. I had many little quirks with this distro, so
I installed my downloaded  7.2 ISOs right over this version, the downloaded
7.2 ISOs do Have my greatly needed Webmin tool,  kde 2 final
and more server stuff. I think my downloaded ISOs are much better, even
though I will have to get staroffice 5.2  as separate package.
Also only couple of mandrake updates necessary for the latest and
greatest.
I hope this information helps you. If I were you,
 I would download the ISOs or buy ISOs
from web if at all possible, NOT from Wal-mart.
This way you can be assured of getting the latest version.
Susan