From: Leo Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 9:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Web server problem

I am running Apache 1.3.14 web server on my MDK 7.2 machine, and everything
seems to be working fine except for one small problem. Let's say a user is
trying to access a site under the subdirectory test. My servers ip is
65.1.243.92, so he would enter 65.1.243.92/test however unless he puts a /
on the end it wont go there. So he would actually have to enter
65.1.243.92/test/ to get there. Is there any way to get it to work without
the / on the end? I have noticed that if a particular directory is password
protected the login/pw box will pop up even if there is no / on the end, but
after you enter the correct login info it will still be unable to load
unless you manually add a / to the end of the URL.

Any help is appreciated,

-Leo Fox