I am attempting to install LM 7.2 on a "clean" system {e.g. raw, unformatted
disk} and seem to be encountering a nasty little problem related to the
Promise Ultra ATA 100 controller on my system.

System:

M/B:  ASUS A7V KT133 w/Promise UATA 100 controller
CPU:  900 Mhz Athlon
Memory: 256Mb

Disk  20Gb Quantum (I think?)

I know when I installed Win2K on a separate disk, I had to provide W2K with a
disk containing new drivers to that the W2K install could talk to the Promise
Ultra ATA 100 controller.

Having searched through newsgroups and the Mandrake site, I have found several
other people claiming to have made this work, but no-one has ever clearly
documented the procedure they used.

If you have actually succeeded in installing LM 7.2 on an ASUS A7V using the
Ultra ATA 100 disk controller, could you please let me know what the procedure
was you used?

Thx,

Glenn

http://home.netscape.com/webmail