On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:22:01 -0000, Steve wrote:

>I can't seem to get X working. Harddrake identifies the card as a G400
>(which should work fine).

Not really. I think you might be stuck until the rev the SVGA package to
support that card. (Thanks for the warning, getting ready to upgrade to one -
except the dual head 32MB version.)

I'm a Matrox fan as well, and when the G400 came out it was detected as a G200
and would not work either.

On the note of Matrox - the installer never does seem to get the memory right,
it just picks the lowest ammount which is a valid choice for the card. I always
have to set the number myself.

Michael