Since the error is occurring during the installation of Java files, I
would try uninstalling the Java Runtime Environment that came with
Netscape 6, then let 4.76 install its own JRE fresh (which it seems to
be trying to do anyway).

Dave

--
"...[W]e preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and
foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews