Ahhhhh yes, I have made the mistake of upgrading Mandrake again.

I downloaded the iso images for 7.2 then performed the upgrade from 7.1
to 7.2

Here are the problems I have been unable to solve so far (4 days trying
grrrr)

1.  The boot process hangs after finding the module dependencies.  It
just sits there and does nothing.  Normally I think it is supposed to
mount the filesystems, but as I said, NOTHING happens.

2.  When it goes to install the sound support, it comes up with some
goofy weird ISA PNP error talking about conflicting with IRQ 11.  Only
problem is that the sound card is set to IRQ 5 and the Network card is
set to IRQ 11.

3.  KDE 2 seems to be missing all of its icons.  I have reinstalled
KDE2 but The K menu is missing, the icons for the users in KDM are
missing and some other pix maps are missing.  Mandrake_Desk is the
package that has the icons it is installed, but still nothing shows.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan
--
NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net