Hi folks!

I have run into some serious problems installing Mandrake 7.2 on
my box, having the following specs:

- Abit BE6-II motherboard (not version 2), latest BIOS (UH)

- Celeron 466

- 256 MB RAM

- Two HD's on UDMA66 (HPT366), both IBM.
  /dev/hde - IBM 30GB, 7200rpm, ATA66/100 (boot)
  /dev/hdf - IBM 13.5GB, 7200rpm, ATA66

- DVD/CD and CD-RW
  /dev/hda - Pioneer 10/40 DVD/CD
  /dev/hdb - HP 9100i

- Matrox G400 MAX DualHead

- Creative 1024 Live!

Installation goes quite well, but reboot after installation just
chokes when init is starting. I heard someone mention that there
is a bug in 7.2 that requires you to disable the primary slave
drive in BIOS when installing 7.2. Then download and install a
patch of some sort before enabling the slave drive again.
Is this so, and could someone point me to where I might find the
solution to this?

I tried to search for this in the archives here, but could not
find anything.

Mandrake 7.1 installs just fine on the same box, but I ran into
similar problems when I opted for 'disk optimization' during the
installation. Boot got stuck when 'preparing disk optimization for
/dev/hdf'. This leads me to suspect there is some problems with
having a slave drive when installing 7.2?

BTW, None of the drives are 'contaminated' with Windoze.

-- Cheers!
======  Rune Kallhovd, CORENA Norge AS  ======
=             Software Engineer              =
=   P.O.Box 1024, N-3601 Kongsberg, NORWAY   =
=  Tlf: +47 32 73 7448, Fax: +47 32 73 6877  =
==  CORENA Home Page: http://www.corena.no  ==