I am trying to get ftp to work,but none of my ftp programs recognize the
modem, and I can't find where to go to fix that.  There were a few
references to making Netscape download the files by pressing Shift while
clicking on a file, or by right clicking on a file, but that doesn't
work on my machine, tho Netscape does know where to find the modem (so
its the only connection to the internet, and i would like to escape
that, now its part of AOL, its in the same league for me as microsoft )
The reason I want to ftp is to update my kernel, hopefully to fix
whatever makes Mandrake Config utility hang my computer (another
question there: does anybody else have this problem?)
Thanks in advance