On Friday 24 November 2000 01:10 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:

> boot box also has the same problems as above as well as telling me
> that I have room for only 39% of the files I chose to install. That
> was on a 4gig hd with 2 gig reserved for /home. Should I have made
> /usr the larger partition?

   Please, no html.  Also, you have the best chance of getting good
answers to your questions if you limit each post to one question. Your
'several problems' also appear to to be on different systems, so I'll
just try to suggest a solution for partitions.

   A fairly normal install of 7.2 with all it's included software is
going to approach 3 gigs or more.  This is only going to be viable in 4
gigs if you make ~120mb '/swap', and put everything else in '/'   There
are no valid reasons not to put all of Linux on one partition (/),
unless it's going to be used as a mission critical, multi user,
networked server.  ..... and in that case, 4 gigs isn't close to being
enough.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay