if you are both connected to the internet and not via a local lan then
netbios won't help you here (unless you go for some strange vpn stuff), you
could set up some ftp space you both have access to (some isps provide web
space etc that you can only access by dialing directly in so check this) if
the files are small you could both use an im client that supports file
transfers (you will have to research this to see if a linux client for an im
service will transfer files between it and the windows client) i'm assuming
of course that either you or your brother don't have permanent ip addresses,
in which case you can't set up one or both of your boxes to be accessible to
the other via web sever or ftp server (at least not easily). there are also
web services such as www.freedrive.com which will do the trick - this is
probably your best bet

bascule