Sorry about cross-posting, but note:  anyone who was thinking of upgrading
to Windows Me.
----

I tested Wine build 20000909.1mdk.i586.rpm on a computer with win98
installed,
and my computer with Windows Me installed.

Results:  Wine worked a lot better with Windows 98.  I got some programs
running and almost got MSWord running without fooling with the wine.conf
file.  All of the simple Windows programs worked fine.

Tested with Windows Me, Wine doesn't run anything.  Everything crashes, even
the program sol.exe that the Wine people tell you to use as a test fiel,
even with extensive tweaking of the windows.conf file.

I also tested the latest build wine-cvs-stripped 112500-1.i386.rpm from
Dataparty on both computers.  result:  Got lots of programs running on the
Windows 98 machine including microsoft excel!  On the Windows Me machine, I
was able to run solitare without crashing (sol.exe) but nothing else would
run.