I got Mandrake 6 from a friend to install it on an old system.  He figured it would
work.

I'm talking about an :
I486 40DX, upgraded with an Evergreen overdrive to 120MHz, and 32 MB RAM
Hard disk of 500 MB (bios doesn't support any larger drives)
Trident 8900 video card
two NE2000 compatible (by configuration) Network cards
(I can provide more details if needed)

Sadly but true, the damn thing got hanging at a certain point in the boot process.

I want to set up a firewall on it, figuring that Linux provides the necessary power
and security to the system.  That's why there are 2 net cards in it: when I get
connected to the Internet by cable, I put this baby between Internet and my home
network.

I'm new to Linux, allthough I tried several times to make the switch to it (Red Hat
5).  Lack of time made me quit and get on (DON'T SHOOT) with Windows <everything>.

I want this thing getting started, so all help is welcome

Thanks,
Jurian Blok
Teutenweg 37
3920 Lommel