Hello, anybody there,

As a real, real newbie I did'nt want to "mess up" my winblows system since I spend quit al lot of hours to have it configured as it is now, readily fast and quite reliable. So I downloaded the 486-image to try out on my older system, which is :

proc : Intel 486DX2-66
mb : VL-bus
mem : 24 Mb ram
HD : IDE 1.7 Mb Quantum Fireball
vc : Trident 9400cxi
CD-rom : IDE Creativ CD4834E
standard SVGA, capable at least 800*640*32k
standard serial mouse

PROBLEMS!!!!!
The grafic installation kept always stuck  at "no scsi drives found" with no other buttons then "OK".
With an install disk, as mentioned on the CD, i managed to install everything upto "xconfiguration" where the system hangs.
Restarting with the (by that time already made) boot disk, I could'nt log on as root, only as user.
After about 15 tries, with different hard disks, other video-cards, I finally gave up.
Then I could use a system from a friend for a time, and I retried. This system was a Intel PI-133, PCI-bus, S3-Trio64 and I placed my Quantum HD. First attempt to install was successful.
What's the problem with my 486 system??? Afterall, the iso-file I downloaded intended to be written for a 486 system or not?

I really like to reuse it. Can someone help me out?