Eddie Torres wrote:

> I tried setting up lpr but everytime I try to use printtool or
> printdrake it asks me for the cd and wants to install CUPS.

To use LPD you must start "printerdrake --lpr" or you install the
"printtool" from the contribs. But your problem is easier to solve with
CUPS.

> So I am
> willing to give it a shot but need some help setting up a printer
> through a print server, it is a ip to ip connection ( 192.168.0.2 - PS,
> 192.168.0.1 - computer).  How do  I go about it?

Start "kups", "Printer" -> "Add" in the menu, "Socket" or "LPD" as
backend (depends on the server, check its manual, "AppSocket" =
"Socket") In case of "Socket" click on "Scan" and click on your printer
which appears in the list window. In case of LPD enter the print
server's IP in "Host" and the queue name "Queue" (the server boxes use
"lp", "lpr", "PS" or similar, see manual). In both cases choose
manufacturer and model afterwards, or in case of a native PostScript
printer click on "Have driver" to install the PPD file which came with
the printer. Enter the printer name and confirm your configuration and
the printer appears in the main window of kups. Click with the right
mouse button on it, choose "Configure printer""and set up the options
for the desired printing quality, paper size, and so on.

See also http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/#4th

   Till