Use the Freecom Traveller with the parallel cable or another parallel
Freecom drive. I have the traveller and it works perfectly under Linux
Mandrake 7.1 and 7.2. To set it up enter the following commands

   modprobe paride
   modprobe friq
   modprobe pcd
   modprobe pg
   modprobe ide-scsi

or better (For the I/O address, which is 0x378 in the example, run the
commands shown above and look at the messages in the end of the output
of the "dmesg" command):

   modprobe paride
   modprobe friq
   modprobe pcd drive0=0x378,0,0,-1,-1,0
   modprobe pg drive0=0x378,0,0,-1,-1,0
   modprobe ide-scsi

The second version makes the access faster. Both versions allow 2x
speed, the second 4x speed when you do not need your machine during the
CD recording (CPU load gets 80% when burning in 4x speed).

Or add the following lines in /etc/modules

     paride
     friq
     pcd drive0=0x378,0,0,-1,-1,0
     pg drive0=0x378,0,0,-1,-1,0
     ide-scsi

to get the drive active automatically at boot time. These modules are
only loaded at boot time when the drive is connected.

To get the drive's address for writing CDs (both data and audio), enter

   cdrecord --scanbus

the device to mount for reading CDs is /dev/pcd0

   Till