You could always run Gnome and use Enlightenment as the window manager from within
gnome.  Login to gnome and then open the control center, go to window manager and pick
E from there.  Now you got E with the panel from Gnome.
--

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:13:25   Sen Peng wrote:
>Hi, I am trying to get gnome panel and gmc to work with enlightenment. I
>follow the FAQ to change the .xsession to following:
>#!/bin/sh
>panel&
>gmc &
>enlightenment
>
>However, every time I try to restart the enlightenment, it automatically
>replaces .xsession with a default one, and copies mine to
>.xsession.old. It also gives me the followings in .xsesssion-errors:
>
>******************************* WARNING *****************************
>* You already have X login startup files. They will be backed up as *
>*   .old files and new ones will be created. Thank you for using    *
>                            Enlightenment.                          *
>
>... Generating login startup files ...
>Done.
>You have installed Enlightenment 0.16 or greater already and have
>run it before. Everything should be fine.
>
>Now log out of X and log back in again and enlightenment should be your
>window manager.
>fd 3 is not a master pty device (it is 52, 26)
>
>Can some one please explain this strange behaviour to me?
>
>Oh, there is another thing... Can I have different background images for 1
>virtrual Desktop with screen size of 3x1?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Charles
>
>ps. I am using LM 7.2, X11 4.0.1 and enlightenment 0.16.4

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at
http://www.eudoramail.com