Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Mark Johnson wrote:
>
> >I'm running 7.2 KDE on a PII400/288MB and it's a slow as crap!
> >Especially while running with a terminal window, Netscape, Pan, and XMMS.
>
> KDE kills the performance. I use xfce, and things go very fast. 128Mb ram
> and the same processor. 3 netscapes, xmms, Pan, 5 rxvt's (terminals),
> wordperfect, burning a cd, all at once, no problem.
>
> Paul
xfce looks rather nice.  but if you'd like truly "small and fast" albeit, w/o
any eye candy, try Blackbox.  It's my desktop of preference.  It launches
almost instantaneously.  When I feel like eye-candy, i launch E.
Mike

"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
and dreadful idolatry took place there!"
Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, 16th century

http://home.netscape.com/webmail