Riker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello, Gang!
>
> Question:
>
> I try to acces my Cd-rom and floppy in MD 7.2 but they both have
> padlocks on them. How do I change the permissions and to what file do I
> make the changes to?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Riker
==================
As root user, go into your file manager, right click on the icon for the
devices, choose "properties" and then permissions.  There you can choose the
permissions you'd like to provide users.  Of course you could always edit
/etc/fstab to add the user swtich on the lines that contain thos devices.
HTH,
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://home.netscape.com/webmail