At the command prompt, # or $ please type
mount  /mnt/cdrom
If the system says nothing further , then the CD has been mounted.
It will go to the CD after u give the command cd /mnt/cdrom
Again type ls -l to see the contents of the cd and so on.
To remove the CD go to the root directory bytyping cd /
Then type umount /mnt/cdrom
the computer will say nothing
type eject and presto the cd tray will open and you can pack the cd in
it jewel case!

--
S.Ganesan
Senior Scientist