Pardon me for jumping in here, but I used to suffer from this same
problem, but that before I went from using Netscape Messenger to Pine
full-time. When I started using Pine I could then also use Procmail to
filter the messages. That opened a whole new door to mail filtering. Far
more effective for message filtering. With procmail each message is
indexed and the dups are disgarded.

--
Mark

/ * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
  * in order to get the rats up from below decks
  * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
  *
  *     REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
  */

On 30 Nov 2000 Michael Scottaline had this to say!