Joseph Markham wrote:

> Dear Eric,
>
> I have a SB Live! value soundcard, which was found & installed by LM7.2
> I downloaded 7.2 & burned it on 2 CDs. Install was from the 2 CDs on a
> clean hard-disk.
>
> I have also tried it with the Aureal Vortex 2 (OK - downloaded drivers)
> and also the Yamaha 724 ( sound was scratchy).
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Regards
>
> Joseph
>
> eric wrote:
> >
> > Joseph Markham wrote:
> >
> > > I installed the realplayer rpm ( version 7 of rp) on LM7.2 and it's
> > > working fine with no problems at all....

> > Dear Joseph:
> >
> >     Do you need special sound driver i.e. download form oss  , to listen
> > realplayer7  clear?
> > if not what type of sound card you use?
> >
> > hope to see your reply (it is not technical)
> > best regard
> > Eric Lin

Dear Joseph or any 7.2 users:

    I ever email this to oss .com , they told me if I buy their sound driver for
mandrake, I would have no problem to listen RealPlayer7 basic's live audio or
vedio file.   If this imply the free sound driver of mine(VIA 97) that come with
7.2 is not sufficient enough to decode real media file, i.e. .ram, .rm  file,
hope the same sound card user notice it, we may discuss more about how to get or
design the driver to listen realplayer7 's sound clear.
Or may I am wrong.

best regard
Eric Lin