Dear All,

        I'm new to using unix for pc's. In fact, I've typically used UNIX
on solaris. I love unixs' flexibility, and I learn something new everyday,
so I try to install LINUX, Mandrake on my laptop.

I've tried many times to install linux on my compaq presario laptop model
 1237. the most success i've had is very limited. now, I'm stuck at aurora
 in the boot process. please point me to any useful advise.

Thanks,

 melanie