I recently submitted a post "mandrake's losing it". After doing some reading
in a number of files and on mailing lists regarding Bastille Linux I
determined without doubt that the problem with not being able to print or to
log into the Gnome desktop were actually caused by running the Bastille
firewall. If you consider using this firewall and like Gmome don't do it. I
was not able to find a bugfix for that problem. If anyone knows of a fix
please share it with the list. Bastille asks to disable print access to users
and I tried two times to allow users to print without success and found
nothing about that in my reading so...... anyways sorry for ranting about
Mandrake being unstable. Should have RTFM before going off the edge :(
--
John Wheat