I don't know if you saw the earlier post, but, I finally determined that
the problem had to be in the software.
So I went into RPMDrake and tried reloading the KDE packages. Sure
enough kdebase, kdeutils, kdeadmin
and a couple of others were corrupted or had the wrong gnuphp or
something like that. I went to KDE web site an
and downloaded fresh packages. Installed with replace files checked and
everything seems to be hunkydory.
I will take your suggestion and make a backup copy of the
.kde/share/applink directory. Thanks for the help,
Dennis

--
ennis Myers Registered Linux user