As  had posted before .. the reason that it is doing that (depends on your
compuiter of course) from what I found is that there is a resource conflict
with the USB bus. In my system both sit at 9 and that renders it mostly
worthless ...

Meaning I will be going back to Redhat. I do not have this trouble in
Windows or in Redhat .. so ...back I go ...

Anyhow, cheers and good luck

ceno

At 11:02 PM 12/6/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>I just installed mandrake 7.2, my first experience with linux, but it
>seems the sound is not working.
>HardDrake is showing the correct card: Creative Labs SB Live!
>Anyone else has/had this problem? and a solution for it?
>Thanks,
>Philippe

This is forgiveness so I know ...
Once I repent I seal the lid ...
I slither for you and I am dying...
I find trust in hate ...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.slip.net/~cenobite/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Shayne L. Schecht                   "Ceno's Bytes"
Los Angeles, Ca
There is a secret song at the centre of the world and
it's sound is like razors through flesh