ah, i see grasshopper.
my computer is at least 2 years old i would say -- maybe closer to 3.  i didn't know
there was any BIOS related stuff.  that will probably explain it then.
thanks much

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Cody Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10:48:22 AM 12/7/00 >>>
The 1024 cylinder limitation shouldn't be a problem if you're using Lilo
0.21.4.2 and your BIOS supports EDD packet call extensions.  If your
motherboard is a few years old, it probably won't support EDD and then
you'd still get that message.

Cody