Hi all,
I just moved from RH7.0 to MDK7.2 so that I can finally use my printer
(Lexmark) and connect to a cable modem (RH7.0 has problems with gcc/kgcc
and network modules).
I've been thru the inst. many times and I could configure X. When I
start MDK7.2 with Gnome/gdm, I get lots of "pieces" of windows and a
strange pattern at the background. If I try to log in blindly, it works,
and the Gnome start screen even comes uncorrupted and with a mouse
pointer. But after that, I get the same patterns and I can hardly see
anything. After a few seconds of trying to move windows around, the
system hangs and the only way is to press reboot on my machine. I
configured X for 1024x768@70Hz 16bit and the test showed it worked.
I'm using a Trident CyberBlade i7 AGP and a cheap 17"-screen that can do
1280@60Hz, besides that Gnome as session. I also tried to use X 3.3.6
instead of 4 but then the test screen at X config. didn't even show up
("device busy..."). Did anybody experience something similar, maybe with
another card? Do I have a corrupted version of Xfree? Or is it some
mistake in the resolutions? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx
Marcio Cordero