Joseph, you are correct.  I don't want to use fdisk because it will delete
windows.  I have used partition magic before, and I might give it a try.
Installing Mandrake without creating a new partition is still my first
priority unless there is no other option.  I also only have the 1.5Gig
installation files downloaded to the HD and not have the resources to write to
a CD.  The error message is a little strange because the mounting point for
linuxsys.img is supposed to be /mnt/windows/lnx4win.  I know it's got to be
something simple but just couldn't figure it out.  Any more help is greatly
appreciated.  Thanks again.

> I'm not sure how much Johnny knows, but if he uses MS fdisk to create his
> partitions he's going to delete Windows, which I'm sure he wants to avoid.
> Does the Expert Mode allow you to resize fat16/32 partitions similar to
> Partition Magic?
>
> As for his original issue, this line:
> > "ext2 formating of /mnt/mnt/windows/lnx4win/linuxsys.img fail".
> Looks a little strange to me, particularly /mnt/mnt/.  But I'm not overly
> familiar with win4lnx, so I could be wrong.
>
> Joseph Red
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If