Hi all,

I've done a fresh install of Mandrake 7.2, and when I reboot, apache fails
to start displaying the following error :-

'Unable to determine local host name
Use the Server Name directive to set it manually'

Before people say I have not set up the host name of the machine using
linuxconf, I have.
When I type hostname, I get my 'hostname' displayed.

I can get apache to start if I set the server name in apache's config file,
but in the help files
it says this should be unnecessary if naming works, and I can ping my host
name and the
name does resolve to the correct IP address.

I'm concerned that there is an underlying problem that should be resolved,
as other programs
that I install in the future may not work!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tarwinder Dhak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]