On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Joe Lore wrote:

>I recently installed Mandrake 7.2 and have a few questions about the boot
>loader, grub.
>
>How do I get Windows to be my default OS in the list.

Count from 0 up in /boot/grub/menu/lst, for each "title" you find, and
change the "default" into that:  e.g.

timeout 5
color black/cyan yellow/cyan
i18n (hd0,4)/boot/grub/messages
keytable (hd0,4)/boot/us.klt
altconfigfile (hd0,4)/boot/grub/menu.once
default 0

title linux
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5 hdc=ide-scsi

title failsafe
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5  failsafe

title windows
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

title floppy
root (fd0)
chainloader +1

Windows is the 3rd one, so 0,1,2. Number 2.  The 6th line is "default 0"
Change that to "default 2" and you're set.

>Also, what is the command to get fdisk to remove grub from my boot sector?

fdisk /mbr

>I will be putting Linux on a different hard drive soon

You'd better!!  ;)

Paul

--
A camel is a horse.