Paul,

To change the "format" that you compose with click on

        Edit-->Preferences-->Mail and Newsgroup-->Send Format

        then click on "convert the message to plain text"

Under Edit-->Mail/News Account settings the first panel near the bottom is
a check box. Left unchecked the composition window will open up by default
to compose as plain text. If you check this box the message composition
window defaults to compose in HTML format. This box must be unckecked as
well as choosing the "send message as plain text" to send all messages as
text and not HTML format.

--
Mark

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 Paul R spake passionately saying!