This printer is a real winprinter, it is for sure not supported by any
Linux distro and it is not compatible to any other NEC printer. See

   http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=122016

If you need a 600 dpi BW laser which works perfectly under Mandrake 7.2
you should either buy a native PostScript model (Lexmark, Brother) or a
well-supported PCL printer (as the HP LaserJet 1100). See

   http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html

For how to install a native PostScript printer see also

   http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hcups2.html#instpostscript

I hope, this information helps.

   Till