But...

if you want to have all your wallpaper files in the same directory as yuor
default wallpaper files, then you will have to be root to copy them to

/usr/share/wallpapers.

And for your icons,

/usr/share/icons

Enjoy
-- Al
s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pretty much the same way as in Windoze.  Download the gif, put it anywhere.
Then in the Control Panel > background > click browse, highlight it, click
apply, ok and there it is.
-s

--
Registered Linux user:  #197855