On Wednesday 20 December 2000 08:47 am, Dale Kosan wrote:
> I downloaded and installed Chris's KDE2 from the site that has been
> showing up in this list lately.I did a --test first and all passed.I
> then did a rpm -Uvh *. rpm.Everything went fine till the end when it
> came up with a "cant find make file" When I went into KDE I don't
> have sound,the K Panel is gone and all the icons on task bar are now
> the cog wheels.Did I do something wrong? Is there a fix for my
> problem? Thanks for all the help you guys have given me....

    I have no idea what's with the 'makefile', did you use the src
rpms?  As far as the menu/icons, with either LM 2.01 upgrades, or
Chris' 2.1 beta1 upgrades, you need to (as root) run 'update-menus -v'
immediately after installing ALL the rpms.
    I also keep a bakup copy of /home/<user>/.kde/share/applnk/
directory which is all my menus/icons including ones for apps I've
added.  I've found that deleting all the items in <user>.../applink/
and then copying them back in from my bakup (as root) means I never
loose them.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay