I'm in the process of undergoing a major rebuild/reinstall. I've
replaced the old m/b with an Abit KT7 and Athlon 800. Neat. After I god
the system up and running, I said to decided to just kill all of the old
software and start over. That turned out to be not so neat. After
removing all of the old partitions from both drives with PM 6.0, I
installed  Win98SE on the master -- 10 gb, two partitions. Sorta got
that working, so tonight I put LM 7.1 on the other drive (15 gb). Not
wanting to push things, I settled for the basic LM install. All went
well with one exception: I can access the win d: from Linux, but windows
can't. Says there ain't no such critter. Any ideas about how I can
convince windows that the extended partition is still there? If worse
comes to worse, I can always use windows' fdisk to recreate the
partition and reload the stuff that's in there, but I'd like to avoid
that hassle. (The thing that really ticks me off about this is that I've
done this before without a hitch. Guess I forgot something.)
Regards,
cmg