Hi,

my system has only two  scsi disks. I installed M7.1 from CDROM. when
after installation I tried to reboot, the kernel stops with a kernel
panic: unable to mount root fs.

somebody sugested it is maybe because i installed from (IDE)cdrom, and
my root fs is on a scsi disk. During installation the scsi was
recognized, resulting in using the scsi kernelmodules. Now at startup
the modules are not loaded because therefor the rootfs must be mounted.

Is this a reasonable explanation? If so, how can i make my system
work?i.e. how can i compile my kernel so the scsi is in it, and not a
module? (whitout being able to boot, i seems hard to me)

the system is an alphastation, with digital alpha processor, 21164
chipset.

thx

Pieter