yes, you are right. However, you can use the cdrom install disk and
choose upgrade instead of new install, then
don't change anything or let it add some programs that weren't installed
to begin with. If you pick custom install
  you can choose a single area of functionality, like KDE to add. then
when it finishes and goes to the end you should
  get the make boot floppy choice again. This will save a lot of time
since the partitions will not be changed and
  the whole load of packages won't be rewritten. Linux is definitly a
learning experience.. Good luck.

Pieter De Troyer wrote:

> Dennis Myers wrote:
>
>> Which version are you using?  7.1,7.2? If you go to drakeconfig and
>> click on the boot it will give you a drop down
>>   with make boot floppy on it. Have fun.
>>

> i can't boot my installation, therefor i'd like to make a bootdisk from
> the cdrom but i'm afraid those bootdisk images will start the
> installation procedure. is this correct?
>
> it's for 7.1, for alpha-processors.

Dennis Myers Registered Linux user #180843