On Monday 06 March 2000 14:39, you wrote:

> > Hello:
>
> I'm setting up Linux Mandrake 7.2 on a new machine. The install goes fine
> but after the first boot, and it tries to go into X it terminates and goes
> to a command line. The video card is an SIS 6326 and the mother board is a
> PC200 - Athalon800 - 64meg of ram.
>
> Any thoughts? Please inqure if more information is needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Riker
>
> P.S. This is the second system like this I'm installing it on. The other
> went perfectly. All the hardware is exactly the same.

Bet you used expert install on one of them and picked XFree-3.3.6 while you
let the other be "Recommended".  The video for the SiS6326 and for that
matter the SiS 620 and 530 works much better under XFree-3.3.6 or 4.0.2 (so
they say) than 4.0.1.  But 4.0.1 is default selected in the "Recommended"
install.

Civileme