There's a program on your system that will help you backup files from your
system to the tape drive. It's called Taper. If your tape drive is the
only scsi device on your system you would start the program like this.

                taper -T st0

Once you issue the command in a terminal window the program starts, finds
your device and then you can configure everything else from there get your
back running.

--
Mark

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] spake passionately saying: