Mark Hillary wrote:
> I wasn't making a comment about the thread. I just don't like it when
> people join, get the help that they are looking for the leave not
> helping anyone else.
<SNIP>

  Yes, I agree.

  The Debian mailing list made the interesting choice of having just one
list rather than dividing by expert/newbie.  This meant a lot more of
the traffic was useless to any given individual, but it also meant that
there was always someone available to answer most any question.
'Newbie' lists do tend to disinterest more expert users after a while -
then who's going to help the newbies?