On Monday 25 December 2000 09:08 pm, Barry Premeaux wrote:
> Has anyone tried using Chris's KDE2.1 updates?  I've been using
> his 2.0.1 updates and am really pleased with them thus far.  I'm
> considering making the move to 2.1, but am wondering just how
> stable it is.

     I've been using all of Chris' KDE2 updates since mid-November
including the latest KDE 2.1 beta 1.  I've found that the last one is
very stable, as bug free as Linux ever gets.  I don't even consider
2.1b1 to be beta.  It adds many features, bug fixes over 2.01  YMMV

    The jury's still out on the recent 7.2 compatible i686 XFree 4.02
upgrade rpms.  I've had a few irritations (eg, Knode sometimes freezes,
Kppp sometimes disappears from the panel).   I'm considering going back
to 4.01.   XF-4.01 and KDE 2.1b1 was rock solid.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay