> Christmastide greetings to you all!
>
> I have been using Linux for three days now, (after more than 20 attempts,
> was finally able to get a stable version of Linux-Mandrake 7.2 installed!)
> but I have a vexing problem.  The rpmdrake has no problem retrieving
> packages from the L-M Complete CD's using my cdrom, but I can not use other
> data CD's on it.  Specifically, I have a StarOffice 5. CD from Sun, which
> has a Linux version which I would like to install and compare with the
> StarOffice 5.2 distro that came with L-M Complete.  The Linux manual that
> came with the StarOffice CD says I should type:
> cd /cdrom/linux/soffice51
>
> but when I do that, I get
> [root@localhost /root]# cd /cdrom/linux/office51
> bash: cd: /cdrom/linux/office51: No such file or directory
>
> I have similar failure when trying to access any of the texts on a library
> style CD.  I talked with the sales rep at the store where I bought L-M 7.2,
> and he said I should just click on the CD icon on my KDE desktop.  The
> problem with that is that I have no such icon.  Your help is needed!
>
> Attached are some things Jeffrey was asked to provide, I hope they help.

Those are all good--no install problem except the icon

try with cd /mnt/cdrom....

Also, RIGHT-CLICK on your KDE screen and Create New->CDROM Device
click through the tabs at the top and on the Device Tab, use the drop-down
list to select /dev/cdrom or /mnt/cdrom depending on whether you installed
with supermount enabled or not.

Civileme