Don't feel bad. Took me forever to get the KDE updates (and others) for 7.2.
Wouldn't find the mirrors etc. I finally got everything I needed though.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dr. Trevor J.
Stocki
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 5:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Mandrake update: fetching of mirror list failed

Hi,
    I was trying to update my Linux 7.1 using the Mandrake Update program
and
I got the message:

fetching of mirror list failed.

Then it just dumped me out of the program.  I can ftp to places ok but my
netscape needs
a http proxy in order to work.  How can I fix this problem?

Can I simply download the free installation from mandrake the two disks and
upgrade that
way? or will there be a lot of conflicts?

Thank you inadvance,
Sincerely,
Trevor J. Stocki