"David and Alicia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry Herman, our machine has 48meg, will linux run ok?.....which is the
> <lightest> program manager and what size should i make my linux partition?
>
> David and Alicia
============================
I assume you intend to dual boot, thus the question about size of linux
partition.  I'd use 2 gig for / and 128M for swap.  Should run OK w/ 48M, but
if you notice sluggishness in KDE (the default wm) try Windowmaker, or
Blackbox.  Both of those will allow you to run Gnome or KDE apps w/o the
overhead of the entire environment.  My preference is Blackbox, but
Windowmaker is also quite good and may be more to your liking.  they're both
included in the installation.
Mike

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
        --W. C. Fields

http://home.netscape.com/webmail