On Thursday 04 January 2001 07:15 pm, you wrote:
> Sorry to be asking this again but how exactly do you make the link for
> xscanimage so I can use my scanner in the gimp?
> My scanner shows up on the usb in drakconf and the gnome usbview but
> xcanimage always says there is no device.

Mine too, and even when I follow the symbolic link directions in man
xscanimage I get no directory exists. If I ls xscanimage it shows up as
xscanimage*.  I'm trying to find out if a one year old HP 4200c scanner is
toast or if windows is just too screwed up to use it any more.  The two of us
need help. TIA
--
  Dennis M.
  Registered Linux user #180842