After clicking on install in the kpackage -- go to the "File List" tab -- and
see if the files have a green checkmark rather than the blue question mark.

If you see green - it's a go !

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> Hi, this is my second day ever using any flavor of Linux so bare with me.
>  Here's my problem.....Whenever I try to install an RPM with kpackage I
> log in as root, open kpackage then open the RPM from there. Now the
> problem is that it doesn't seem to install the RPM when I hit install.  I
> search for the package but I get no results.  This is strange because I
> was able to install RPM's the day before but now no luck.  BTW I'm not
> getting any error messages either and I'm running Mandrake 7.2
>
> Any help or info is appreciated,
> -jr
> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Layne P. Heiny                              Linux Tests
Webmaster                  Colored my first punch card in 1968
ICQ #9097776                            AIM: DoubleLinux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.linuxtests.org
====== Testing New PC Hardware under GNU/Linux =====