Oh My.... It happened right here in the main office.

I have been printing copies of responses to my recruitmet notices using KMail
and CUPS

First of all, KMail starts off with a bad attitude.  It comes up pointing at
a printer from a list of available printers and the 'OK' button is grayed out.

To solve this, simply flip it to file printing then back to printer
printing...  The OK becomes active.  You have to do this EVERY session.

Next, my emails were beheaded--the very upper portion was chopped off.

This was due to a mental lapse--mine.  The printer is set for A4 and is
loaded with A4 paper and KMail is expecting A4 but the intervening cups
server it was pointing to by default had the information that it was a
'Letter Size'  I pointed to the right server which knew the printer was A4
and the print cleaned up right away.

Does any of this seem familiar?  I believe I have seen posts about it.....

I still find that more than 90% of the bugs I think I find have their tiny
little fingertips on the sensitive keys of my very own keyboard.....

Civileme