On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 05:40:13 -0800 (PST), Meph Istopheles said:

>    >  I'll click on an application icon and get multiple occurrances
>    > opened up.
>
>      Tom reminded me of something I remember reading long ago that
>    the "stickY" state of a window, if "remembered" or saved, will
>    put it on all your desktops.  So, next you have it open, check
>    the window settings to see if sticky is set.  If so, turn it off.
>      Worked for me.

  Went there tried that - didn't win it.

  I really get quite frustrated with it at times depending on my
fatigue
  state at time - Tom (and some other readers) will understand EXACTLY
  what I'm on about too!!

  I'm fairly sure it's a combination of timings in the mousedrivers, in
kde
  and possibly in the kernel and my hardware as well, but don't yet
have
  sufficient experience in linux to go tweaking.. That's one of the
reasons
  for 59 re-installs of 7.0 !!!

  "The bugs in the software controlling the hardware which interfaces
with
    the fleshware which attempts to target the correct point on the
input
    interface adapter which is supposed to interpret the fleshware
instructions
    to the hardware tend to muliply at a rate generally inversely
related to
    angle of the dangle which was attached to the hypothalmic skin
belonging
    the squaw on the tiger hide!"

Cheers
John
--
                         Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"