Hi Jelle

It would appear that those items simply hadn't installed. It's possible the install option you chose left them out. You might need to go for a custom install and manually choose them.

James
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 10:05 PM
Subject: [newbie] mandrake 7.2 trouble

Hi,

I have a some problems with linux mandrake 7.2. For example when I click on drakconf on
the desktop nothing happens. Or when I try to run Pingus, mandrakeupdate, rpmdrake,
usbview, mixer and so on.... I have tried several types of installations. From recommenced
to expert from small install to biggest install, always the same programs that don’t work
What I also get with every type of install is during bootup a lot of command not found
messages like this:

/etc/aurora/rc: grep: command not found
booting aurora...

/etc/rc.d/rc: egrep: command not found
Starting cups:

/etc/rc.d/rc: egrep: command not found
Starting sound:

/etc/rc.d/rc: egrep: command not found
Starting usb:

/etc/rc.d/rc: egrep: command not found
Starting inet:

And a lot of things like this. I think all things that I choose to boot at startup But
most get a green V But one gets a red X. And when linux is quiting I get another 3 red X.

Also I get  this everytime at bootup
/etc/rc.sysinit: grep: Command not found
Checking root filesystem
/dev/hda6 was not cleanly unmounted check forced

This takes about 1 minute and I don’t think this is supposed to happen.

My system is:
Asus CUSL2 (Intel 815E chipset)
Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine 800 MHz (not overclocked) (100 x 8 )
128 SDRAM PC100
Geforce 32 SDR
SB Live! Player 1024
3com 3C905B-TX PCI
Logitech Mouseman wheel USB
Lexmark 3200 printer
Logitech internet keyboard
4x/4x/32x Philips CD-RW
3,5inch floppy drive
300W powersupply
Maxtor 52049H4: 20 GB, 7200RPM, U100
- 10 GB Windows
- 5 GB extra for windows
- 4,xx Linux native
- 141 Linux swap

I don’t know what wrong and I CAN boot linux and it works accept some programs and I like
it and I want it to completly work. I hope you can help me.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 81660554

Thanks!

Jelle Twerda